My lovely sister-in-law, Katie, tagged me in a Question and Answer post and I'm finally getting around to answering the questions. :)
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family? We do not have any pets; my son is allergic to dogs and cats.
2. What would you do with a billion dollars? Pay off the mortgage, fully fund college accounts, tithe, and then give it all away...
3. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood? Prayer and reading my Bible
4. What is your bedtime routine?
I don't really have a bedtime routine for myself. I do make sure all the kids are tucked in though. Then, I turn the bathroom night light on and pull the toilet seat up in case my little guy gets up during the night. :)
5. Name something that has surprised you this week about motherhood.
I feel like every day I fall more in love with my children. Lately, my 2 year old daughter will give me a hug and say "Mama, you're my best friend." It melts my heart!
6. What kind of books do you read? Well, I don't read nearly enough, but I try to read my Bible every day. I also like Jane Austen novels and I am currently reading Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson.
7. What’s your fear? I am not typically a worrier. However, if I'm going to be honest, I fear that I will somehow not be able to protect my children or that something will happen to me or my husband. I love Katie's answer to this question though so I will leave it intact. "2 Timothy 1:7 tells us that God has not given us a spirit of fear but rather of power, love, and a sound mind. Yet, He knows that we do fear many things because His Word instructs us not to be afraid repeatedly! I have feared many things in my lifetime, and I still struggle with this so often. However, my aim at this point in my life is to fear the Lord and Him alone. He's teaching me! In Him, I trust!!"
8. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
I'd stick with the junk food - I don't think I could handle getting into a spaceship. :)
9. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Depends on the morning...some morning I am abruptly woken up by my daughter shouting "Mama!!! Potty! Potty!" While other days I have a little boy crawl in bed asking if he can get up now even though it's not "Seven-O-O" yet. And then there are the days where I have a little guy wake me up with "Mom? I peed the bed." You gotta love it! If I try to get up early, everyone seems to "know" and they get up with me, so now I just stay in bed as long as I can. :)
10. What is one thing you love about your husband?
I love my husband SO MUCH! I love that he makes me laugh - he is incredibly funny. I also really love that we are so similar in so many ways. One way, is that we are both musicians; there are times where no one would understand what I'm talking about - but he understands completely. And by the grace of God, we are also both Christians and ultimately we aim to be more like the Son. 11. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be? This is kinda funny because I used to dream up new names all the time when I was in college. I decided that the name I was given, shouldn't be used in my performing career and so I needed a stage name. I know it bugged my Dad when I performed on a cruise ship and only used my first and middle name. (Sorry, Dad - our last name was so long!) Anyway, nowadays I don't think about changing anything. :)
12. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose? Sun...although I love reading on rainy days.
13. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be? hmmm....I won't read into this, so I'll just say chocolate. :)
14. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most? It's still so new to me, but I really enjoy helping others with what I've learned along the way.
15. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods? Sweet!!!!!!!
16. What items are in your purse right now? Epi-pen Jr, Benedryl and my Dave Ramsey wallet
17. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go? Mountains!! We still miss living in Boulder, Colorado...
18. What websites do you visit that you know you shouldn't?
Honestly, I can't think of any! I'm not one who would spend a lot of money if I go to a certain site. I mainly just read some blogs, check my facebook, and do research online...sorry, I guess I'm boring! :)