Thursday, July 7, 2011

Inexpensive Children's Gifts

Hello Friends! Thanks for sticking with me - I know it's been a LONG time since my last post...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was recently inspired by some blogs I read about keeping costs down when purchasing birthday gifts. My 6 year old son had been invited to 2 parties and one of the birthday celebrations was for twin girls. Previously, I would try to spend between $10-15 per person. However, as my children get older they are getting invited to more and more parties, and well, it could get very expensive. So, I was on a mission. I needed to find 3 "girl gifts" for as little money as possible. The larger goal was 1.) it couldn't look cheap and 2.) it had to be something that I would like my own daughter to receive. So, I scanned the aisles of a local store looking everywhere for something that would catch my eye. And finally...I found it! Discounted from Easter, I found three cute little purses on clearance for $2.49! I decided that I wanted to include something inside the purse as well, and found chap-stick for $3.00 (total). I also added some bubblegum, bringing the grand total of each gift to only $4.49! All the little girls seemed to love the purses and I was able to reach my goal of purchasing an inexpensive gift - multiplied by 3!

Do you have any inexpensive gift ideas? Please share them!

1 comment:

  1. Darling idea!!! What girl wouldn't love a purse of her own with little treasures? (young and old!) =) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete